Ph.D.: Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2015
B.E.: Civil Eng., Punjab Engineering College (India), 2008
Remote Sensing, Vadose Zone Hydrology
- A New Heterogeneity Triangle to Characterize Land-Surface Heterogeneity for estimating Near-Surface Soil Moisture beyond Darcy Scale, NASA, NESSF’13.
- Physical controls of soil moisture and vadose zone fluxes across space-time scales under different hydro-climatic conditions, NASA-THP.
Gaur, N., B. P. Mohanty and S. C. kefauver (2016), Effect of observation scale on remote sensing based estimates of evapotranspiration in a semi-arid row cropped orchard environment, Precision Agric., doi:10.1007/s11119-016-9486-1.
Gaur, N., and B. P. Mohanty, Restricted use of ET in estimating soil moisture: Limitation of process scale or observation scale?, American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, Dec. 2010.Gaur, N., Architectural Study of Residential Buildings in Chandigarh, Indian Buildings Congress, 2007.
Gaur, N., and B. P. Mohanty, Evaluating Dominance and Temporal Evolution of Physical Controls of Soil Moisture: A Decadal Synthesis, American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, Dec. 2011.
Awards, Scholarships, and Fellowships:
- Session 2nd Place (Oral), Student Research Week, Texas A&M University, 2011
- Session 1st Place (Poster), Student Research Week, Texas A&M University, 2009
- Lechner Graduate Grant, Texas A&M University, 2009
- BAEN Departmental Scholarship, Texas A&M University, 2008
- “Best Conference Paper” Gold Medal, Indian Buildings Congress, 2007 (Paper featured in October 2007 edition of the magazine Construction World, Indian edition)