Hydroclimatology, Soil Science, Microwave Remote Sensing, Multi-scale data fusion, Bayesian Statistics, Machine Learning.
Awards, scholarships, & fellowships
- (2022) Graduate Student Competitive Scholarship: BAEN, TAMU
- (2022) BAEN GSA travel award for EGU spring meeting
- (2021) Graduate Student Competitive Scholarship: BAEN, TAMU
- (2021) BAEN GSA travel award for AGU fall meeting
Service and Community Engagement
- (2022) NASA SMAPVEX 2022 Volunteer
- (2022) IEEE Soil Moisture School Participant
- (2021-22) Senator for BAEN at Graduate & Professional Student Government (GPSG)
- (2021-22) Vice-President: BAEN Graduate Student Association
List of select publications:
- Ganguli P., Singh B., Reddy N. N., Aparna Raut, Debasish Mishra, and Bhabani Sankar Das. “Climate-Catchment-Soil Control on Hydrological Droughts in Peninsular India.” Sci Rep 12, 8014 (2022). https://doi.org/10.31223/X5QK96
- Mishra, Debasish, et al. “Living with arsenic in the environment: An examination of current awareness of farmers in the Bengal basin using hybrid feature selection and machine learning.” Environment International 153 (2021): 106529.
- Mishra, Debasish, Bhabani S. Das, and Manoj Menon. “Hybrid feature selection and machine learning approaches for assessing the arsenic awareness of local farming communities in Bengal Basin.” EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts. 2021.