Soil moisture, Remote sensing, Statistical analysis, Drought forecasting and analysis
Root Zone Soil Hydraulic Property Estimation by SMAP
Funding Agency: NASA
- Effect of hydroclimatological teleconnections on the watershed-scale drought predictability in the Southeastern US – V. Sehgal, V. Sridhar (International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.5439).
- A non-linear and non-stationary perspective for downscaling mean monthly temperature: a wavelet coupled second order Volterra model -A. Lakhanpal, V. Sehgal, R.Maheswaran, R. Khosa, V. Sridhar (Stoch Environ Res Risk Assess, 2017, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00477-017-1444-6).
- Stratified drought analysis using a stochastic ensemble of simulated and in- situ soil moisture observations – V. Sehgal, V. Sridhar, A. Tyagi (Journal of Hydrology, 2017,http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.12.033).
- Application of multi-scale wavelet entropy and multi-resolution Volterra models for climatic downscaling- V. Sehgal, A Lakhanpal, R. Maheswaran, R Khosa, V. Sridhar (Journal of Hydrology, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.10.048).
- Hydrologic regionalization using wavelet-based multiscale entropy method -A. Agarwal, R. Maheswaran, V. Sehgal, R. Khosa., B. Sivakumar, C. Bernhofer (Journal of Hydrology, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.03.023).
- Wavelet Bootstrap Multiple Linear Regression based Hybrid Modeling for Daily River Discharge Forecasting- V. Sehgal, M. K. Tiwari and C. Chatterjee (Water Resources Management, 2014, http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11269-014-0638-7).
- Effect of Utilization of Discrete Wavelet Components on Flood Forecasting Performance of Wavelet Based ANFIS Models – V. Sehgal, R. R. Sahay, C. Chatterjee (Water Resources Management, 2014, 28 (6), http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11269-014-0584-4).
- Soil heterogeneity-A moderator of soil moisture memory?- V. Sehgal, B. Mohanty, Soil Survey and Land Resources Conference, 1st and 2nd Feb’ 2018
- Sensitivity analysis of soil moisture to drought indices- V. Sehgal, V. Sridhar, American Society of Agriculture and Biological Engineers (ASABE) Annual International Meeting, 17- 21st July 2016
- Application of wavelet analysis in Hydrological Modelling- V. Sehgal, R. Maheswara, R. Khosa, International Conference on Modeling Tools for Sustainable Water Resources Management, IIT Hyderabad on 28-29 Dec’14.
Awards, Scholarships, and Fellowships:
Water Management and Hydrological Sciences (WMHS) Scholarship, Texas A&M University