Ph. D. (Pursuing)
M.S. Agricultural and Rural System Engineering
B.S. Agricultural and Rural System Engineering
Surface-subsurface hydrology, Numerical model development, Land surface hydro-meteorological modeling, Data assimilation
Surface water-groundwater interaction in Rio Grande river basin (USDA-CAP), The impact of subsurface hydrology on land surface energy/water balance considering the simultaneous interaction between vadose zone-phreatic aquifer-stream (Texas Water Observatory).
Awards, scholarships, & fellowships
- (2018) National Water Center Summer Institute Program, CUAHSI.
- (2017) BAEN Graduate Student Competitive Scholarship, Biological and Agricultural Department, Texas A&M University.
- (2015) Outstanding Paper Presentation Award, The Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers. 2015, Award for Outstanding Paper Presentation, Korea Water Resources Association.
- (2014) Best Oral Presentation Award, International Society of Paddy and Water Environment Engineering.
List of select publications:
- Hong, M. K., R, Karki, J. M. Krienert, S. S. Memari, 2018. Evaluating Alternative Groundwater Discharge Estimations for Improved National Water Model Forecasting, National Water Center Innovators Program Summer Institute Report 2018 (CUAHSI & NOAA), Published
- Hong, M. K., S. H. Lee, S. J. Lee, J. Y. Choi, 2018. Farmland scale spatial analysis of soil moisture deficit and its application for determining drought severity using NCAM-WRF simulation data, International Journal of Climatology, In review
- Hong, M. K., S. H. Lee, J. Y. Choi, S. H. Lee, S. J. Lee, 2015. Estimation of Soil Moisture and Irrigation Requirement of Upland using Soil Moisture Model applied WRF meteorological data, The Korean Society of Agricultural Engineering, Published